Sunday, February 28, 2010

Raffles Place Good Eats: Cafe Gluttony Revisted

As promised in my previous blog post, I brought my colleagues to Cafe Gluttony last week. It was their first visit and they were pretty excited; we tend to go to the same old places for food and after so many years working in Raffles Place, it can get kind of boring and tired.

The cafe was almost full house when we arrived at around 12.45pm on a Monday. There were 3 helpers and service, though a bit curt, was prompt. Very difference from my last visit on a Saturday evening, which is better for business! After ordering and paying at the counter, our soup + iced lemon tea (part of set $3) were served within 5 minutes. Soup of the day was cream of something (sorry I forgot). It was nice and creamy, but my colleague who has phobia of milky and creamy food, did not like it haha!

2 of us ordered the Tom Yum Chicken Spaghetti (S6.80), while another ordered the Seafood Marinara Spaghetti ($7.50):


We both loved our Tom Yum Spaghetti and the pasta was cooked al dente, not too hard or soft, just nice. The Tom Yum sauce is a bit curry-creamy and the spicyness is just right for me. I tend not to like too spicy food (like ma la hot pot) etc. because I feel the real taste of the dish is masked by the chili oil or hot taste. Who cannot cook a spicy dish? Just add tonnes of chili / pepper and no one can taste the food right?

My other colleague said her Seafood Marinara Spaghetti was nice too. Based on this visit, it is no wonder the Tom Yum Spaghetti is this cafe's signature dish. Since the service was prompt and the wait for the food short, we had a pretty good lunch I'd say.

We'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. I like that these look like good portions! In the US, portions are HUGE! I suppose the good part to that is if you stop eating when you're full, you can have lots of left- overs ;)

    Mmmm need to go out for Thai food now!

    ReplyDelete