Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Body Shop Post-Christmas / Jan '10 Sale

Each week after Christmas, TBS has different product ranges on sale. When I saw that the Tea Tree Oil Foaming Cleanser will be on sale at $12.90 each (same as during warehouse sale!) I knew I had to stock up alot for Logong, who has the world's #1 oil-producing face :P He loves this cleanser and since I only got 2 bottles during the last warehouse sale, I have been hoarding it LOL.

So on 6 Jan during lunch hour I rushed down to the nearest TBS outlet at Change Alley; while I always go to the one at OUB Centre basement, it was a small and crowded shop due to its convenient location. I was lucky (or unlucky) as I was the only customer in the shop -- the sales assistant kept following me around pushing products. One such product was the Moisture White Cleansing Powder which was having a 1-for-1 deal @ $29.90 each. The SA tried it on my hand and I loved how the nice clean scent was and my hand felt fresh and soft - it's kind of like Fancl's washing powder but with preservatives of course ;) The SA told me in the decade she's been with TBS, never has this treatment range been on sale / offer. Innocently I took her word for it and bought not 2 but 4 bottles!

Since I was buying quite alot, the SAs convinced me to sign up for membership in order to earn some rebates and discounts. So fine, I signed up and guess what? Just for members upon signing up, they have special deals like 20% off all regular-priced items, and $10 off certain gift sets. As the SAs were so good at their job and I was feeling kind of harrassed, my weak will gave in and I got a Tea Tree Oil set + Wise Woman set as an early present for my mom ;) The Tea Tree Oil set was pretty attractive because the small bottle of oil costs $16.90 on its own, and I now pay only $19.90 for the set which has cleanser, toner and moisturiser thrown in. They would keep telling you you are entitled to such & such deals but must make use of it while the system prompts - I had the feeling I was forced into making alot of impulse purchases which did not feel good. Anyway I was happy with my purchases and knew we would use them for a long time...

I went home and immediately tried the Moisture White Cleansing Powder - after using it for less than 10 days, I noticed my face getting tighter and dry, and to my horror last Thursday at work I found my face peeling! I am so NOT using this product on my sensitive skin again. So much for being an "all skin type" cleanser! I was even more annoyed at the SAs for pushing this product because look what I found out about the TBS on Rouge Deluxe:

The reason for the 1-for-1 deal was because they are introducing the new range Moisture white Shiso! THIS was why they need to get rid of old stock! I really feel cheated. However I will not totally write off TBS because the next day after my big purchase, I was at the Raffles City TBS and the SAs were MUCH nicer and gentler there. The SA was sweet enough to tell me after this big sale, most of the items like White Musk Midnight Iris, Mandarin Orchid & my all-time fave, Cassis Rose will be discontinued! What can I do but stock up on the shower gel, my fave?


I hope you managed to get some good deals during this post-Christmas sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment