Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chinese New Year - Year of The Rabbit

Time flies, and Chinese all over the world are preparing to send majestic Mr Tigger away, and welcome Hoppy Bunny this Thursday 3 Feb 2011 ;)

I am not sure if it's an age thing, but this year I feel the urge to properly decorate my house and to try and create the appropriate festive atmosphere:

慈菇 (Arrowhead chips) & cookies / Pineapple Pocket Pies from Cedele Raffles Place

My fave kueh bahlu

We call these "bee hives" LOL

Pineapple Tarts - a "must-have" for CNY!

Aren't these peonies simply gorgeous? I love them!

These are actually fruit candies from Taiwan! I bought them from NTUC supermart for only $2.20/box - I had a good laugh over the packaging, because they are exactly like fruit cartons, yet are only palm-sized! So kawaii!

Of course how can I talk about CNY without mentioning hongbaos / red packets? Every year you'd see different designs, but this year pink and cream are favourite new alternatives over the traditional red/gold combination. I liked the pink ones, until I see more and more of the same, so they are not so special anymore I guess hehe...

Here's wishing everyone a prosperous, joyous and healthy Year of Rabbit!

民安
新年快乐
兔年吉祥

3 comments:

  1. I'm really glad to have found your blog. I wish this was made known to me when I moved to Singapore to work. I like all the recommendations you write so please write more!

    Do you know of any places where we can go for facials during lunchtime?

    I'm also working in the area and I'm an "OL". (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi cubiclelifestyle, thanks for the compliment! I myself have gone for facials at Angel Face, #02-04 One Raffles Place (OUB Centre); they are expensive but they use Sothys product which work very well for my sensitive / eczema-prone skin! However it's a luxury I could not afford on a regular basis, so I have only been there three times in the last couple of years. I wish I could recommend more, but without having experienced the services myself, I hesitate to recommend any. Do let me know if you have found somewhere good (and cheap especially! *grin*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI RPOL,

    No worries. I guess I will keep looking. What do you think about using lunch breaks to go do a facial or have a massage? I know lots of girls go to the gym and come back with lunch to eat at their desks while working.

    Rie

    ReplyDelete