Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rip-Off Lucky Bags From agnès b

Last Thursday AhCapp forwarded me an EDM from agnès b. Singapore; they will be selling the popular Japanese "Fukubukuro bag" (or Lucky Bag) for SGD50/bag - each bag is worth SGD250! How could I resist such a great and exciting deal right?

So on Friday I dragged my two colleagues to go down to my nearest
agnès b. outlet and grabbed two bags, one for me and AhCapp each. I must say the service SUX and I was shocked when the SA told me I had to pay cash. Luckily (or not so luckily) I had enough cash to pay for both bags and left.

My colleagues were even more excited than me about opening the bags; I told them too bad, I wanted to wait for AhCapp before opening them. One of the bags was big and soft - a bag I thought! While the other bag was kind of hard, which felt like accessories that AhCapp wanted! To my horror, when I got back to office, I got AhCapp's e-mail telling me to open the Lucky Bags immediately! Her friend had opened hers and found 2 useless pieces of clothing in her bag! Maybe I am ignorant, but I've always thought of agnès b. bags, not apparel, and assumed only bags would be sold in Singapore.

Anyhow imagine my great disappointment and disgust upon opening those silver "Lucky" Bags:


One bag contained the two tops; the other, a key chain and a petticoat -- YES A PETTICOAT, something which our mothers stopped wearing in the 80s I believe! Come on, how on earth could the petticoat and key chain have cost SGD250?! No wonder nobody bought them and they had to be sold in "mystery" bags! What a rip-off!

Now I just hope AhCapp can wear the two tops; otherwise it's SGD100 down the drain - nuts! Lesson learnt - the concept of "Fukubukuro bag" / Lucky Bag in Singapore is too good to be true! What a memorable lesson for 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment